CFO - Join a thriving, dynamic organization!
|Manufacturing||Executive & Management|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Thursday, September 8, 2022|
Our client, a leader in the specialized manufacturing industry, is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to join their dynamic team. Located in the Lower Mainland in BC, our client offers a professional and collaborative workplace culture in a leading-edge facility, This client offers a hybrid work model, competitive salary, stock options and additional perks. Reporting to the CEO, this position is responsible for all aspects of finance and accounting for the company.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assume full responsibility for managing the company’s financial functions and producing timely and accurate financial reports to the executive management team.
- Assist the CEO in raising capital in the private and public markets. Be able to speak with authority on the business model and financial model to institutional investors and analysts.
- Represent the Company and future financial performance to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Analyze acquisition targets, joint ventures and strategic investments. Assist in building financial models around each of these relationships and work with legal to craft beneficial contracts.
- Develop and lead financial strategy, goals and objectives for fast growing business lines in multiple subsidiaries.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management.
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic initiatives, operating model and operational execution.
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast by division (vs. budget); Weekly cash flow forecast.
- Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (accounting team, auditors, investment advisors).
- Complete analysis of financial results; develop recommendations (strategic and tactical). Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., new product lines, new formulations, etc.).
- Engage with the executive management team on finance, audit, and investment committees around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed. Manage cash flow providing short and long-term cash flow planning.
- Oversee cash, investment, and treasury and asset management effectively.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team.
- Engage the finance committee of the board of directors to develop short-, medium-, and long-term financial plans and projections.
- Build and oversee remote accounting team to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function
- Implement and maintain appropriate internal controls and financial procedures
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial statements
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Serve as final point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues
- Develop and manage accounting staff as needed locally or remotely
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required; Master's degree is an asset.
- Canadian CPA designation.
- Minimum of 10+ years' experience in audit, managerial accounting and financial management.
- Knowledge and experience in public company financial reporting.
- Knowledge and experience in managing quarterly auditor reviews and annual audits.
- Experience working in a growing start-up environment strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, CPG, Food and Beverage, and/or Beverage Alcohol.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with the company Board of Directors.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and coaching skills.
- Strong numerical proficiency, organization, good problem-solving skills and excellent use of logic.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Merger and acquisition experience would be valuable.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping.
- Demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence, leadership ability and team management skills.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree
If interested in this excited opportunity, please send your resume to Nadine@altisrecruitment.com. We thank all interested applicants.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks
Two weeks +
Two weeks +