Bilingual Communications Advisor - 15 month term
|Agencies, Boards, Commissions & Tribunals||Marketing & Communications|
|English 100%, French 90%||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Thursday, June 23, 2022|
Our client, a renowned regulatory body located in downtown Toronto, is seeking a Bilingual Communications Advisor to join their organization for a 15 month term (contract opportunity)
Day to day, this role will be responsible for leading communication and building strong relationships with stakeholders and members, and work to build awareness of the organization across multiple channels.
This opportunity comes with a competitive salary + 8% vacation pay. They offer a hybrid model (2-3 days).
The ideal candidate will have experience working mainly in public affairs, communications and/or stakeholder relations in the broader public sector and have excellent communication in both French and English.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for engaging with the organization's internal & external stakeholders (Francophone & Anglophone) to further their awareness, knowledge, and commitment to their interests and initiatives
- Leading a large virtual/ in-person event including coordinating with partners, speakers, vendors, making arrangements for programming
- Responsible for creating stakeholder engagement plan and executing
- Planning, coordinating and facilitating projects, meetings, networking events, and relationship-building activities.
- Providing input to policy making, issues management
- Be an advocate and have a strong understanding of the organization's missions, goals, and initiatives and be able to communicate this to stakeholders, in both French & English
- Delivering strong communication through various channels (in both French & English)
- Work closely with the senior communications advisor, team of directors, and the CEO
Qualifications and Experience
- Proficient in computer, data-entry, e-mail, internet, and other related communications software
- Minimum 5 years of Communications experience working directly with either the government, external or internal stakeholder relations or a related field.
- Experience with managing stakeholder relations, issues management, event management
- Must have strong verbal and written communication in both French and English.
- Undergraduate Degree and/or College Diploma in Communications, Journalism, Political Science or a related field
- Having knowledge of political structures and processes
- Worked previously in any division or sector of the government
- Proficiency using event hosting/meeting platforms
- Proficiency using web content management systems (Kentico preferred)
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
If you are interested, then please apply below for IMMEDIATE consideration.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +