Data Technician - Routing Team
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Wednesday, June 22, 2022|
Our client in the Engineering Industry is currently seeking a Data Technician to join their team for a 3 month contract with potential extension to permanent. This role will be hybrid, working 3 days from home and 2 days on-site in Mississauga. The successful candidate will have experience on ArcGIS in school/at work and will have an educational background in Geomatics.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyzing spatial data through the use of mapping software.
- Discovering patterns and trends within spatial data.
- Identify unacceptable customer data and communicate internally with the teams and project managers
- Designing digital maps with geographic data and other data sources.
- Creating unique identifiers within a dataset
- Creating "shapefiles" to merge topographical data with external data by layering external data over a topographical map
Qualifications and Experience
- Ability to create and modify geographic data from a variety of sources such as text files or GPS data
- Must be proficient with ArcGIS
- Strong understanding of relational databases and how they work
- SQL basics (just enough to connect and query/update a database)
- Analytic mindset
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- FME or Python skills is highly desired
- APPLY NOW!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +