Operations Supervisor - Hybrid Opportunity
|Permanent||From: $70,000.00 To: $75,000.00|
|Natural Resources||Supply Chain & Logistics|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Thursday, August 25, 2022|
Our client, an environmentally friendly, public sector organization is looking for an Operations Supervisor to join their team for an exciting 12 month contract. This is a hybrid role that will involve 50% working-from-home and 50% site visits.
If you feel you are a self motivated, detail-driven team player who enjoys building great relationships this could be the right move for you!
This position provides field oversight to key receiving facilities and functions within the Clients network to ensure that operational issues are brought forward and managed expeditiously and cooperatively between the respective teams. This position was developed and implemented to positively affect supply chain results for the overall network.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee a reverse supply chain in the field to ensure sufficient capacity to collect and process materials in order to meet program plan targets.
- Employ standards, scorecards and codes of conduct for contracted collectors and oversee their implementation
- Manage and build relationships with supply chain service providers and provide in-field training for collectors on established policies and practices.
- Work with other field services specialists, third party auditors, and other temporary field staff as needed for the oversight of collection and post-collection material flow in the field.
- Gather and analyze in-field best practices and make recommendations on how these best practices can be incorporated into the company program.
- Work closely with the Manager, Collection Quality and Development prior to initiating or executing changes that impact the collection and post-collection network and related commercial arrangements to ensure that the terms and conditions for change in the collector agreements are followed.
- Conduct public outreach on an occasional basis to ensure understanding of the company program
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education related to environmental studies, sustainability, supply chain, operations,
- engineering, related disciplines is beneficial but not necessary.
- Ability to conduct detailed analysis and provide summaries and recommendations
- Knowledge of waste management, materials management, commodity markets, and logistics or related operational business activities.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively create and implement project plans
- 5 years’ work experience in operational optimization, waste management, logistics contracting or related roles is beneficial but not necessary.
This contract position will be eligible for 15 days paid vacation, and 12 paid absence days (available to employees for things like medical appointments, sick days,moving days, personal days, etc.). Apply today for immediate consideration!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +