Senior Research Accountant
|Permanent||Up to: $100,000.00|
|Healthcare||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Friday, June 24, 2022|
Our client within the health care sector is seeking 2 Senior Research Accountants to join their team on a full-time and permanent basis. The Senior Research Accountant will perform a wide range of professional accounting activities which requires competent knowledge of accounting concepts, principles and practices. This position requires independent work under broad direction and within the established accounting systems to handle specialized assignments including compliance reporting required by granting agencies. The Senior Research Accountant will work as part of the team ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of financial information provided to various stakeholders both external and internal.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage complex projects and infrastructure programs from Federal and Provincial Government, international and other granting agencies.
- Assist with budget preparation for initial grant application and subsequent multi-year forecasts.
- Coordination of external grant audit required by funding agencies.
- Generate periodic financial statements for management review and subsequent submission to external granting agencies.
- Perform analysis on a regular basis for assigned Principal Investigators’ grants portfolio and followup as required.
- Monitor research project activity to ensure compliance with grant agreements, funding agency policy, procedures and guidelines.
- Preparation of regular grant account reconciliations and review of assigned grants net position.
- Assist research scientists and institute administrators with the review of grant account statements.
- Grant/Cost centre set-up and subsequent maintenance: validity, grant budget update and monthly adjustment.
- Prepare month-end closing reconciliations; assist with other month-end closing procedures; analysis and review of balance sheet accounts.
- Inter-company reconciliation and billings, processing of quarterly/annual consolidated grant payments and overhead entries.
- Prepare billings to granting agencies and follow-up on accounts receivable.
- Liaison with internal/external clients as required.
- Mentor and coach junior staff in Finance Research, act as resource to them.
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong understanding of internal control procedures and restricted funding.
- Demonstrated experience in budget control, forecasting and the preparation of compliance financial reports and analysis.
- Experience in the preparation of reports and presentations to senior management.
- Proven advanced experience in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access software programs.
- Direct hands on experience with enterprise-wide financial systems, preferably SAP.
- Experience working in Not-for-Profit, hospital, education, health care or other research/multi-project setting.
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- CPA designation
- Understanding of Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB) standards and requirements preferred, but not strictly required.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
One to two weeks
Two weeks +