Manager, Employee Relations and Labour Relations - Hybrid
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Tuesday, September 27, 2022|
Altis Professional Services is actively seeking a Manager, Employee Relations and Labour Relations for one of our Healthcare clients located Downtown Toronto. This is an excellent permanent opportunity working within a complex and collaborative environment.
SCOPE: Reporting to the Senior Manager, Labour and Employee Relations, the Employee and Labour Relations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of employee and labour relations including providing advice, direction, interpretation, and counsel to senior leaders and employees on pertinent employment legislation, HR policies, collective bargaining agreement administration, complaint and grievance investigation and resolution, performance management, contract negotiations, and workforce planning.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Supports the leadership group with labour and employee relations matters and provides informed, strategic and timely advice, support, and counsel
- Manages special projects including conducting research, consulting with clients/stakeholders, facilitating group discussions and preparing recommendations for change. Projects will span the areas of labour and employee relations, training & development, workforce planning and other human resource functions.
- Works as a member of the HR team to ensure consistent and integrated labour and HR practices
- Provides leadership and expertise in areas including workplace conflict, employee conduct, performance management, progressive discipline, termination, attendance, contingency planning, etc.
- Advises managers in the interpretation and implementation of local and central collective agreements, employment legislation, and HR best practice.
- Responds to and investigates grievance matters/breaches including fact finding, preparing positions, acting as representative, using legal resources effectively, attending hearings and providing counsel to witnesses.
- Negotiates resolutions/settlements, implements resolutions and communicates effectively with stakeholders. Partner with legal counsel on matters proceeding to arbitration.
- Provides excellent customer service while developing and maintaining cooperative and positive working relationships with all key stakeholders
- Researches and analyzes trends/data impacting labour and employee relations, recommends appropriate strategies
Qualifications and Experience
- Successful completion of a University degree in a related field from an accredited educational institution.
- CHRP/CHRL or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five (5) experience in a similar role with significant knowledge and experience managing labour and employee relations issues with the demonstrated ability to foster positive working relationships between management and union groups.
- Experience in a large, complex institutions. Previous Healthcare sector experience will be an asset to have.
- In-depth working knowledge of HR related legislation, including but not limited to the ESA, OHSA, OHRC and OLRA etc.
- Strong relationship and consulting skills; ability to manage complex interpersonal relationships.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation, facilitation, and active listening).
- Flexible and self-directed with the ability to manage competing priorities during periods of rapid change and transition with constantly shifting priorities.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested and qualified candidates, please submit resumes, in confidence, to "Apply Now" link below:
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
Two weeks +