Executive Assistant and Office Administrator -Hybrid
|Non-Profit & Charities||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Friday, September 16, 2022|
Altis Recruitment is working exclusively with National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA) on a permanent Executive Assistant (with office administration) opportunity. With strong organizational and time management skills and utmost discretion, the Executive Assistant is to undertake a range of duties to support the Executive Director’s efficiency and effectiveness as the senior staff leader of the organization, and to ensure the smooth function of the NAPRA Office and the Executive Director’s office. The person is to provide administrative support to NAPRA’s Executive Director and is to manage many aspects of office operations (e.g. office supplies, IT, filing system, reception, scheduling…).
Reporting to the Executive Director, this opportunity offers a flexible hybrid structure, at their Downtown Ottawa office. The ideal candidate will have experience providing confidential administrative support to a senior executive leader and ensuring departmental and organizational operations are running smoothly.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Applying and adhering to practices and approaches that reflect the level of confidence, privacy, discretion and trust inherent in Executive Director responsibilities.
- Collaborating with the Executive Director on the ED’s daily schedule and ensure the Executive Director is kept abreast of commitments on the schedule; assisting others in setting up meetings in the ED’s calendar.
- Coordinating travel and hotel arrangements for the Executive Director and completing a variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director as required (e.g. completing expense reports).
- Making recommendations on the development and implementation of new systems, procedures and processes that allow the Executive Director, and for the office, to function in an efficient and effective manner.
- Assist with drafting letters and documents; compiling and formatting information for internal and external communication such as memos, emails, presentations and reports; collecting and analyzing information.
- Act as a front point of contact in the office, greeting and directing visitors
- Managing incoming and outgoing mail and courier requirements.
- Manage daily office operations including facilities/building maintenance issues, office supplies and equipment, service providers, etc.
- Serving as the primary link with NAPRA’s outsourced IT firm to address office IT needs and to coordinate technical support for NAPRA team members to resolve issues as needed.
- Serving at the administrator of NAPRA’s cybersecurity staff training program, and liaising with the IT firm to obtain information and to resolve issues.
- Other office administration and office management responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Post secondary diploma in administration or a related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in an administrative capacity, including providing executive support to senior-level executives.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a very positive client-services attitude inside the organization and with external contacts.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Self-starter who thrives in an environment where he/she can be equally successful working independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstration of the utmost in discretion, confidentiality and trust underpins all aspects of this role.
- Ability to understand, keep up to date with and adhere to NAPRA’s organization structure, policies, goals, and objectives.
- Enthusiastic desire to contribute to the overall success of NAPRA.
- High competency in MS Office 365, including with SharePoint, Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with office equipment (scanners, printers, faxes and conferencing system).
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
The successful candidate will be vaccinated as a condition of employment as part of the organization’s legal obligation under Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and that the vaccination requirement is subject to the employer’s duty to accommodate under applicable human rights legislation.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Less than one week