Cyber Security Analyst - Junior!
|Agencies, Boards, Commissions & Tribunals||Cyber Security|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Tuesday, May 31, 2022|
Our client in the public sector is looking for a Junior Security Analyst for a 3-year contract in a hybrid working model with 2 days on-site and 3 days work from home
The candidate will defend against cybersecurity incidents and identify, analyze, communicate and contain incidents as they occur.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct network monitoring and intrusion detection analysis using various computer network defense tools, such as intrusion detection/prevention systems, firewalls and host-based security systems
- Conduct log-based and endpoint-based threat detection to detect and protect against threats coming from multiple sources
- Deploy cloud-centric detection to detect threats related to cloud environments and services used by the organization
- Correlate activity across assets (endpoint, network, apps) and environments (on-premises, cloud) to identify patterns of anomalous activity
- Review alerts and data from sensors, and documents formal, technical incident reports
- Work with threat intelligence and/or threat-hunting teams
- Provide network subscribers with incident response support, including mitigating actions to contain activity and facilitating forensics analysis when necessary
- Support the creation of business continuity/disaster recovery plans, including conducting disaster recovery tests, publishing test results and making changes necessary to address deficiencies
- Work with security information and event management (SIEM) to manage/tune the system, create/manage the detection content and actively watch for alerts
- Correlate network, cloud and endpoint activity across environments to identify attacks and unauthorized use
- Research emerging threats and vulnerabilities to aid in the identification of incidents
- Provide users with incident response support, including mitigating actions to contain activity and facilitating forensics analysis when necessary
- Perform security standards testing against computers before implementation to ensure security
Qualifications and Experience
- BS or MA in computer science, information security, cybersecurity or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in IT audit, enterprise risk management, penetration tester, red team/incident responder, or as a junior security operations analyst
- 3+ years of experience with regulatory compliance and information security management frameworks (such as International Organization for Standardization [IS0] 27000, COBIT, National Institute of Standards and Technology [NIST] 800)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
If you are interested if this position please send your updated resume to Sierra at sierra@altisITR.com or give her a call at 647-576-4309.
If you know someone who may be interested and qualified for this position please do not hesitate to refer them to contact us as we do offer referral bonuses to those who provide successful candidates. Please see link below for more information on how our referral bonuses work:
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +