Human Resources Business Partner Hybrid
|Logistics & Supply Chain||Human Resources|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Monday, June 20, 2022|
Our client is looking for a Human resources business partner to join their team! This role is a full time, permanent opportunity that does require you to work onsite full time. This position is a stand alone HR role where you oversee 10-12 facilities throughout Canada.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform HR Generalist function within area of responsibility with focus on each area of Human Resources;
- Stakeholder management, especially focused on management levels, talents and internal HR;
- Handling performance improvement plans
- Coaching and Guiding the Regional VP over all 3 regions
- Establish and maintain a positive and trusting relationship with employees;
- Implement, coordinate and ensure consistent application of HR policies and best practices;
- Provide coaching and counseling to managers and employees on a wide range of HR matters to solve problems and develop appropriate solutions;
- Analyze trends and metrics as they apply, use data and analysis to provide insight for decision making and provide appropriate interventions to achieve business goals and increase employee engagement, commitment and retention;
- Have a strong understanding of the business strategies and performance, proactively engage in business planning where there is HR impact in order to align HR strategy with business objectives;
- Manage all labour relations including bargaining, grievances, campaigns, etc. as required/applicable;
- Provide day to day advice, counsel and guidance to ensure fair and consistent employment practices;
- Participate in recruitment and selection process
- Lead succession planning meetings and talent reviews within area of responsibility, ensure close follow-up of development and engagement of identified talents/successors;
- Ensure on boarding & training for new hires is provided, support managers in the development of their people and with the skills required to lead their teams;
- Conduct investigations and recommend and/or develop resolutions to employee complaints or claims of unfair treatment, harassment and/or discrimination;
- Manage employment related legal disputes and prepare legal defense strategy when required;
Qualifications and Experience
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- 5+ years progressive HR experience.
- 3+ years experience as an active member at the collective bargaining table, playing a critical role in negotiations and in managing complex and sensitive employee and labour relations topics.
- Thorough knowledge of employment laws across Canada. Familiar with legislation surrounding human rights, recruitment, workers compensation, equal employment opportunity, wage and hour regulation, benefits.
- HR Certification considered an asset.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
One to two weeks
Two weeks +