Senor Oracle Developer
|12 Month Contract|
|Agencies, Boards, Commissions & Tribunals||Application and Software Development|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Friday, May 13, 2022|
We are looking for a Senior Developer to join our public sector client for 1 year to start with potential to extend for another year. Candidates suited for this opportunity have strong experience with Oracle APEX and web application experience.
This resource will report to the Senior Systems Integrator and will be expected to work onsite in Scarborough a minimum of 1-day a week.
This individual will work on software development projects, primarily focus on implementation of new features and enhancements of contract management solutions, and its integration with enterprise work management solutions. Key functions of this role include application design, development, integration testing, documentation, and production support. This position also requires a candidate with a good grasp of both data and user interface design arising from business needs, and able to develop from scratch through to implementation. If this is you, keep reading and hit apply!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, and deploy new features / enhancements for Oracle APEX and web applications, using PL/SQL, APEX and other technologies.
- Design and implement Oracle database application components including data model, Oracle 12c packages, stored procedures/functions, other schema objects and ETL processes.
- Design and develop web user interface and reports
- Implement system integration with other applications, create integration interface and APIs using RESTful Web Service and other technologies
- Unit test application functionality and integration and assist user acceptance testing.
- Create & maintain functional and technical documentation as required throughout the project.
- Provide technical support & maintenance during the various phases of the project and applications in production, communicate with users, and resolve issues reported.
- Monitor and address issues related to system stability, scalability, performance, and security.
- Evaluate different / alternative design approaches and solutions and make recommendations and to meet user requirements and business needs.
- Propose, establish, or modify standards for development where needed.
- Participate in project and team meetings, interacting and collaborating with team members, business clients and other departments as appropriate.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Experience with Oracle database and utilities such as Oracle SQL Developer/SQL Plus, and development of Database modules and components such as database packages and procedures, performance tuning etc.
- Certification in Oracle Application Development or equivalent a definite asset.
- Strong skill level with Oracle’s Application Express framework (APEX).
- Demonstrated experience (2+ years) with Oracle APEX application development. Must be able to design and develop from beginning through to implementation. Preference given to Oracle APEX 20+ version experience.
- Demonstrated competence and expertise in RESTful Web Services, XML/JSON and webMethods (3+ years)
- Experience in mobile application development a definite asset.
- Design and development experience and knowledge with multiple variety of languages such as java, C++, Visual Basic a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Hybrid Model, minimum 1-day a week onsite
- 7-hours per day for 5 days a week
- 1 year contract with potential to extend for another year
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +