Financial Analyst Hybrid
|Permanent||Up to: $79,000.00|
|Education||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Wednesday, September 21, 2022|
Our education client in Sudbury is seeking a Financial Analyst to join their team on full-time and permanent basis. This role supports the work of managing the Finance function throughout the organization. The Financial Analyst performs a range of professional accounting activities to support the day-to-day operations of the Financial Services Team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Managers within Finance for regular recording analyzing and reporting of accurate finance related data to support the organizations financial position.
- Prepare complex financial analysis and reports on a broad range of activities. This could include reporting to granting councils, provincial government agencies, significant donors to the organization or required reporting to the Committees and Board of Governors etc.;
- Analyze and reviews accounts to ensure accurate reporting of transactions and acts upon variances and anomalies in a timely manner
- Process routine accounting transactions including journal entries, account transfers, bank deposits, credit card transactions, allocations, adjustments and account write offs etc.;
- Review transactions to ensure they are in compliance with the organization's policies, Collective Agreements and GAAP
- Identify accounting issues, process issues and make recommendations;
- Develop macros to produce large volume transaction analysis and adjustments. (I.e. transfer of segregated funds, etc.);
- Perform standard year-end accruals and adjusting entries as required for specific accounts.
Qualifications and Experience
- Honors undergraduate degree (4 years) in Commerce, Finance or Accounting;
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a related field;
- Progress towards the completion of a professional accounting designation (minimum of 2nd year level);
- Ability to work orally and in writing, in both official languages, French and English;
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
Hours of work are a 33.75 hour work week. 8:30-4pm in the summer, 9-4:30pm in the fall/winter spring.
Christmas/Winter break paid time off. 4 weeks paid vacation. Benefits day 1. Pension. Paid tuition.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Less than one week
Two weeks +