Operations Manager - Transportation and Logistics - Rockland Ontario
|Logistics & Supply Chain||Professional|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Friday, May 20, 2022|
Our client, a family-owned transportation business in Clarence-Rockland, Ottawa, is looking to add an Operations Manager to their team! Work with a wonderful, collegial team that offers growth opportunities. This is a full time, permanent on-site role.
Generous salary, fully paid benefits and RSP matching!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Overseeing drivers and organizing charters
- Overseeing route planning, route changes, and ensuring all employees receive proper training
- Liaising with drivers and serving as the first point of contact for any questions or concerns
- Preparing payroll
- Overseeing route assignments and ensuring complete coverage
- Participate in inspections and investigations as needed
- Work closely with cross-functional teams across the business
- Foster a collaborative work environment
- Build rapport and create ways to foster employee engagement
- Order required supplies and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- 5+ years' experience in an Operations Management role, preferably in transportation and logistics
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- This role is on-site in Rockland, east of Ottawa.
Call Barb today at 647-577-0775 if you are interested and send your resume to this posting!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +