Finance Manager Bilingual
|Permanent||Up to: $95,000.00|
|Non-Profit & Charities||Finance & Accounting|
|English 100%, French 80%||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Thursday, April 28, 2022|
Our client in Ottawa, ON is looking for a Finance Manager on a full-time permanent basis! The Finance Manager will primarily be responsible for the accounting process and controls, financial statements and other reporting. This position will facilitate any auditing conducted by third parties to ensure effective resolution and swift closure of auditing activities. This role will also ensure organization utilizes ethical accounting practices and standards. This is a hybrid opportunity.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day accounting and finance operations including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting, loans, special projects accounting, capital asset tracking, cash management, and the management of internal controls.
- Complete the monthly Balance Sheet reconciliation for all funds to ensure all postings have been completed and accounts are up to date.
- Review and approve the payments to vendors
- Review and approve all adjusting entries required for all funds
- Manage all finance review including all filings with the government agencies.
- Prepare all relevant financial reports to the CFO on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis
- Ensure all deadlines, internal or external, including regulatory filings, are met on a timely basis.
- With the assistance of the CFO, manage the finance review of the annual external auditor, which includes the consolidation of Financial Statements
- Assist the CFO with any ad-hoc requests
- Supervise and assist in the development and maintenance of accounting files and records.
- Provide training, coaching, and mentoring to direct reporting employees regularly and as necessary.
- Monitor employees’ timesheets: Review and approve leaves related to professional development or vacation, as well as sick leaves and leave of absence requests, in accordance with policies.
Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree in a relevant field (commerce, business)
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in a similar role
- A Canadian professional accounting designation (CPA) in good standing.
- Complete understanding of the audit process.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of financial practices, policies and procedures including an appropriate concentration in operational planning and problem solving.
- Experience in the charitable or not-for-profit sector would be considered an asset.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
• Full time position.
• Casual work environment.
• Benefits after 3 months (probation period).
• Pension plan after 6 months.
• Free parking.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks
One to two weeks
One to two weeks