Manager, Total Rewards and Organization Design
|Permanent||From: $112,075.00 To: $131,677.00|
|Municipal Government||Human Resources|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Thursday, May 5, 2022|
Client Organization: City of Toronto
Position Title: Manager, Total Rewards and Organization Design
Reports to: Director, People Experience
Location: Metro Hall, Toronto, Ontario
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Salary: $112,075.60 - $131,677.00/year
Hours: 35 hours per week
The Manager, Total Rewards and Organization Design, is responsible for leading the design, management and implementation of the Total Rewards and Organizational Design strategy for the City of Toronto. In this leadership role, Manager will oversee a team of professionals tasked to deliver Total Rewards and Organization Design services for a diverse organization and workforce of over 35 000 employees. The role requires work with senior executives including advisory and presentations on best practices, findings and recommendations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Total Rewards:
- Manage the development, research, analysis, costing, implementation and/or negotiations of Total Reward programs, job design, wage/salary administration, and policies
- Oversee research and provide thought leadership and advice on competitive market practices in the area of compensation (executive & broad-based), pension, group benefits and other areas of Total Rewards being offered by other employers
- Benchmark Total Rewards programs to market best practices, market trends and legislative directives to make recommendations on new initiatives to update current programs
- Lead and oversee compensation modelling, analyze data for interpretation, and develop recommendations
- Review proposed salary changes outside of policy/practice for conformance to established guidelines and to ensure internal and external equity
- Track compensation practices and recommend changes where necessary, overseeing the participation in compensation surveys and recommending salary scale adjustments
- Provide effective human resource management consultation, interpretation, and guidance to management on legislation, collective agreements, policies, programs, and processes related to Total Rewards
- Conduct comprehensive research on the relevant market, advising leadership on internal and external equity challenges
- Manage the development and delivery of corporate compensation programs/projects to develop recommendations, implement solutions and ensure quality in service delivery and adherence to the Pay Equity legislation
- Develop and roll out employee and management communications and implementation planning related to Total Rewards compensation programs
- Organizational Design:
- Partner with Executive Managers to provide guidance and advice for divisional organizational structures, supported by reports, to deliver on business goals
- Lead the operating model design, capacity planning, and productivity analysis in order to bring financial and operational efficiencies
- Manage the development and delivery of corporate organizational design
- Provide effective human resource management consultation, interpretation, and guidance to management on legislation, collective agreements, policies, programs, and processes related to Organizational Design
- Additional Duties:
- Coach, guide and mentor the team including assigning and reviewing work, as well as monitoring and evaluating performance
- Manage, motivate and train the team, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourage innovation in others
- Develop, recommend and administer the annual budget for the unit, and ensure that the unit's expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Manage and participate in special projects related to human resources management as required
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree or College Diploma in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field, is a strong asset, but will not be required for a candidate with extensive leadership experience delivering results in a similar role
- Extensive experience in Total Rewards/Compensation, as well as experience managing and leading a team
- Highly data-oriented, with an ability to distill meaningful insights, provide recommendations and identify opportunities
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills, with an ability to act as a trusted advisor to a variety of stakeholders
- Proven expertise in compensation methodology and framework design, and total rewards program management with a focus on fairness and equity
- Advanced Excel skills, with the ability to compile analysis of compensation data
- Highly skilled with HRIS software to create and refine compensation-related reports
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or other related Human Resources designation(s) considered a strong asset
- Experience working in a unionized environment a strong asset
The City is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse residents that we serve. Learn more about the City’s commitment to employment equity.
The City of Toronto is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
All City of Toronto employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the the City's Mandatory Vaccination Policy (https://bit.ly/3xS6EQy). Candidates of interest will be required to show proof of vaccination during the recruitment process.
If you are interested in being considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your expression of interest (cover letter and current resume) by email to Amanda Tonus, Senior Recruitment Partner, at email@example.com with “Manager, Total Rewards, City of Toronto” in the subject line.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +