Senior Electrical Estimator *Design Build Experience*
|Construction||Construction & Property Management|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Tuesday, May 24, 2022|
Our client a premier electrical contractor in Canada is seeking an energetic Estimator- Design Build to join their team. This position will be based out of their Concord
location. The Senior Electrical Estimator, Design Build is responsible to complete quotes in an accurate
and timely manner to attain the target close ratio goal; this includes ensuring a comprehensive
understanding of outline specs and drawings of all other divisions involved as well as a complete
review and accounting for all electrical requirements.
Our Client offers a robust compensation package and above market value – ask me about all the perks!
Apply Directly or Email me at - firstname.lastname@example.org
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of full cost estimates on design-build
- design-assist work, up to any size and complexity.
- Prepare materials, labour and equipment cost estimations according to proposals,
- plans, estimates and specifications; without supervision, including project closings.
- Reviews data to determine material and labor requirements & prepares itemized lists.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work; preparing bids; selecting vendors or subcontractors; and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Prepare and maintain a list of suppliers, contractors and sub-trades and negotiate with them as necessary to obtain most competitive and profitable prices.
- Interfaces with other individuals in the organization to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- Organizes and manages a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
Qualifications and Experience
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
One to two weeks