Program Officer - Grants & Contributions
|English verbal and written||Valid Enhanced Clearance|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Tuesday, May 3, 2022|
Our government client is in need of a Program Officer (level of effort PM-03) to work remotely on contract until approximately mid June 2022. May consider 4 days per week, working on community based programs to educate members of the public and to encourage their involvement.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with client groups to determine level of commitment, available funding sources, information needed and to assess the clients' level of skill and knowledge.
- Advise client groups on types of projects that best match capabilities, capacity and goals while meeting needs in assigned areas.
- Support training to volunteers on assessment techniques, rehabilitation methods and other program activities.
- Develop communication networks and protocols related to specific activities. Enabling public groups who are administering projects to deal directly with government staff and other groups for efficient project implementation.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships and partnerships with a wide range of groups and individuals.
- Seek sources of funding outside the Department for clients and assist clients to develop proposals to access funding and to create new educational programs.
- Develop information packages for educational institutions, industry and community groups to increase awareness and understanding of project issues.
- Develop briefing notes to management.
- Solicit media attention to publicize programs related to improvement projects.
- Manage applications and support administration behind the scenes on negotiating agreements.
- Work on transfer payments.
- Coordinate departmental response and represent department on behalf of community groups.
- Recommend contract funding for specific community based projects related to proposals and monitor performance to ensure goals are achieved.
- Monitor, review and evaluate the work to ensure it is performed in accordance with the agreement specifications.
Qualifications and Experience
For more information on qualifications and experience, apply today!!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
One to two weeks
Two weeks +