|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Friday, September 23, 2022|
Our Client a consulting firm in the GTA is seeking a resourceful, clever, and enthusiastic professional with Intermediate knowledge in land use policy or land development to join their team. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience and demonstrate a strong knowledge of and experience in applying planning policy and regulations in Ontario, including the Provincial Policy Statement, the Growth Plan, official plans and zoning by-laws. If you fit this description and are looking for a new opportunity, apply today or send your resume directly to Mahesha@altisrecruitment.com.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with various teams to advance complex projects and contribute to the analysis /summarization of policy documents, zoning-by-laws and background studies
- Manage the creation of innovative policies, practices and outcomes and delegate the urban design processes
- Manage the production of drawings; layout, drafting, graphic & technical refinement of plans/ concepts at a variety of scales delegating as necessary
- Manage the preparation of reports, presentations and other materials for communication with clients and project stakeholders
- Mentor and support junior staff in the production of proposal and report writing (including conceptual directions, design guidelines and other narratives describing the vision of projects).
- Support proposal, report and PowerPoint revisions and editing
- Lead meeting presentation and facilitation with clients and manage the scheduling and logistics for meetings and consultation events.
- Manage the preparation and management of client contracts /budgets
- Support budget revisions, invoice management and finalization. Follow up with clients as requested with regards to invoicing and collections
- Report back to Project Leadership any key issues or concerns regarding project processes, budgets and client relations
- Collaborate on the preparation of responses to RFP's
- Foster relationships with existing and potential clients and explore new business
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Planning or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Proven experience working with GIS
- Experience with applying planning policy and regulations in Ontario (including the Provincial Policy Statement, the Growth Plan, official plans and zoning by-laws)
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- OPPI or CIP membership
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree
Full Premium coverage health, dental
3 week vacation (higher so senior level)
Paid week off during holidays in December
Summer Flex hours: half days on Fridays in July and August
12 paid sick days annually
Flexible work hours
If you refer a candidate to Altis Recruitment for an active permanent position posted and your referral gets the job, we’ll offer you a referral bonus of $500. To qualify, the person must be NEW to Altis Recruitment. Send me your referrals to Mahesha@altisrecruitment.com.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Less than one week
Two weeks +