Senior Infrastructure Administrator (Linux)
|Financial Services||Network and Systems Infrastructure|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Tuesday, May 3, 2022|
Our client - a leading Financial organization located in Ottawa is looking for the Senior Infrastructure Administrator (Linux).
The Senior Infrastructure Administrator will primary be responsibilities for the deployment, maintenance and on-going management of the server environment. In addition, you will will perform pro-active monitoring of the environment, present and implement pro-active strategies to address trends and perform complex problem determination on various information technologies.
Location: Ottawa (primarily remote but not 100%)
Salary: $100,000 - 125,000 per year
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with development and release engineering, implement and manage a streamline deployment process.
- Manage the on-going deployments of applications to the environments.
- Perform on-going maintenance and management of the server environment.
- Perform complex problem determination to identify and address issues.
- Performing enhanced monitoring and analysis of server performance
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly backups including validation to help maintain backups, retention policies and integrity and restoration of data.
- Apply domain knowledge in the areas of Virtualization (VMWare / OpenStack / Cloud), Linux.
- Develop and maintain distributed automated information technology monitoring and reporting mechanisms.
- Occasional after hours on-call support
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years of Linux administration experience
- Hands-on experience in managing High Availability environment
- Strong understanding of SAN storage such as EqualLogic
- Experience with RedHat/CentOS
- Strong understanding of networking with a focus on managing Cisco switches
- Understanding of Firewall/Nokia and Checkpoint technologies, Load Balancer technologies, WebLogic, Linux, Windows with Oracle
- Understanding of VMWare & SAN technologies such as EqualLogic
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
The candidate will be required to successfully pass a criminal background check.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks
Two weeks +