Billing Analyst Hybrid
|Permanent||Up to: $65,000.00|
|Legal||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Tuesday, April 12, 2022|
Our client, a prestigious full-service law firm located in Downtown Toronto, is seeking an experienced Billing Analyst to join their dynamic team! The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years of billing experience at a professional services firm (legal, accounting, healthcare, engineering , etc.).
This is a full-time permanent opportunity with a fantastic compensation package including full benefits and vacation. The role will also offer flexibility to work from home until the offices reopen late in the year and offer a hybrid model on in office and remote moving forward!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with billing lawyers, paralegals, legal assistants and external clients, and responding to any queries regarding the billing and collections process.
- Preparing invoices and forwarding to lawyers, as required.
- Monitoring and reviewing of outstanding WIP (Work In Progress) and following up with lawyers and paralegals to ensure timely billing.
- Preparing various reports and spreadsheets related to time, billing, receivables, etc. for lawyers/paralegals and/or external clients where applicable.
- Ensuring invoices and supporting documents are forwarded to client in a timely manner, by mail, email or uploading into various e-billing sites.
- Responsible for initial collection inquiry with external clients. Escalating billing concerns/issues to billing lawyer for direction on next steps.
- Acting as liaison between lawyers/LA’s and Finance, providing assistance re accounting or financial queries to ensure client needs are met.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- 1-3 years of related experience, including client service, billing, collections and\or accounts receivable, preferably in a professional services firm.
- Familiarity\Experience with Aderant Expert or a similar accounting software
- Strong time management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks, set schedules and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility to work overtime during peak billing periods.
- High level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Excel.
If you are interested in this opportunity and your background matches the required qualifications, please APPLY NOW to be considered! We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those shortlisted based on the clients requirements will be contacted.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks
One to two weeks
One to two weeks