Land Development Manager Residential
|Construction||Construction & Property Management|
|See Description||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Monday, May 2, 2022|
A Land Development Manager is needed for one of our top clients that specialize in residential, mix-use, and high-rise development.
Reporting to the VP Construction, duties include but are not limited to:
Roles and Responsibilities
- Strategic communication with senior city staff on existing and future projects to ensure that applications are efficiently processed and that critical approval deadlines are met
- Coordinate complete development approval applications (and registrations), including Official Plan amendment, zoning amendment, Committee of Adjustment, Plan of Subdivision, Site Plan Control and condominium applications.
- Negotiate or assist in negotiating relevant agreements and conditions (e.g subdivision and site plan conditions/agreements, condominium registration, permits, etc.).
- Serving as the point of contact with community stakeholders such as community associations and business improvement areas
- Participating in industry discussions at GOHBA, such as the Builder Developer Council
- Researching and analyzing new development opportunities
- Commissioning and contract management of consultants
- Responsible for the coordination of consultants for the production of plans and reports required for the submission and approval of development applications, including applications for subdivision, site plan, condominium, etc.
- Liaising with municipal staff, neighboring owners, and community organizations as necessary to advance development activities
- Assisting in the development of Condominium Documents and Disclosure Statements
- Confidently communicating with senior staff (both provincially and municipally)
- Establishing cost-sharing agreements for new infrastructure installations as required
- Presentation skills and experience (ranging from informal client meetings to formal stand-up presentations) with various stakeholders;
- Occasional Site visits will be required
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a senior planning and development role for multi-residential and mixed-use projects in urban areas
- A related degree/certificate in planning or engineering
- Experience working with Official Plans, Zoning By-laws, Site Plan Agreements, Subdivision Agreements, Committee of Adjustment
- Mostly in City of Ottawa, however understanding of other Ontario municipalities could be required
- A high-level comprehension of plans (both legal and engineering)
- A comprehensive understanding of the approval process, sequence, and timelines
- A positive and productive relationship with city staff, officials and consultants
- Excellent organization, written and verbal communication skills, including report/letter writing, dealing with media and city officials.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and perform multiple tasks and responsibilities at the same time in a high-pressure environment
- Required software proficiency: Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat/Reader
- Valid Class G Driver’s License and willingness to drive regularly to municipal and consultant offices for meetings and consultations
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
Competitive salary, compensation package, benefits, group RRSP and vacation.
Do not miss out on this great opportunity! Please apply directly to add or send an updated resume to Linnaea@AltisRecruitment.com
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
One to two weeks