Senior Corporate Accountant
|Construction||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Friday, January 14, 2022|
Our client in Property Management is looking for a Senior Corporate Accountant to join their growing team!
The Senior Corporate Accountant is responsible for all aspects of corporate level financial reporting. The position works closely with Property Accountants, Property Managers, Property Directors, under the guidance from the Controller. A successful Senior Corporate Accountant ensures the timeliness and accuracy of financial reporting and should possess solid communication, organizational and analytical skills. This position is hybrid with the office located in downtown Toronto.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare corporate billings to clients to ensure professional services are billed on a timely and accurate basis.
- Calculates monthly corporate chargebacks from properties on a timely and accurate basis.
- Prepares monthly corporate financial statements, balance sheet reconciliation, corporate bank reconciliation.
- Assist in preparation of Corporate cashflows.
- Review property-level activity and financial reports to identify and correct irregularities as well as ensure accurate representation of the property’s operational and financial position.
- Review journal entries, bank reconciliations, etc. prepared by Property Accountants.
- Monitors property operating bank accounts, as well as manages cash needs, cash disbursements, and transfers between properties.
- Assists in property level audit as required.
- Performs special projects and research as assigned.
- Reviews and interprets Property Management Agreements for billable services.
- Continually seeks to identify innovative strategies for increasing department efficiencies and reducing expenses.
Qualifications and Experience
- Consistently exhibits strong ethics and confidence, as well as a positive attitude toward company, department, and team members.
- Ability to provide professional support for an assigned team and cultivate value, trust, and positive relations among team and individuals.
- Willingness to hold self and others accountable for performance.
- Flexibility to modify or shift behavior as situations or objectives evolve, while exhibiting focus and positivity amidst change or under pressure.
- Capable of cultivating team camaraderie and value through support and participation in team building and events.
- Aptitude to analyze financial data with the ability to recognize trends and identify irregularities.
- Capable of making sound decisions appropriate to authority level with minimal supervision or direction. Willingness to collaborate on decision-making when necessary.
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with ability to recognize problems early and produce prompt resolutions.
- Ability to prioritize and focus on critical tasks as well as shift focus or multitask when appropriate.
- Capable of working within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment while generating time results.
- Self-motivated to achieve or exceed performance standards and goals set forth by department.
- Integrity, objectivity, and accountability in performing assigned duties.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, while exercising interdependence within an assigned team.
- Diplomacy to develop and preserve positive relations with clients and team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other comparable business-related degree
- Minimum of three years of general ledger experience preferred
- Experience with Yardi Voyager considered an asset
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
If you are interested, please apply now!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks