Administrative Assistant - Legal Industry
|Legal||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Less than one week||Monday, January 17, 2022|
Our client, a national law firm, is looking for an experienced administrator to join their team on a 1 month assignment. This role will be working closely with lawyers, maintenance staff, and clients so a high level of professionalism is required as you'll be representing the organization. Additionally, this role will be covering reception when the receptionist is on break, so the ideal candidate will be comfortable answering phones and greeting incoming guests.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within the legal industry and work with a well known organization in Calgary. If you have 2-5 years' experience as an administrative assistant of office support, please apply!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure the overall condition of the premises and common areas are maintained daily in a clean, safe and presentable state.
- Monitor and track facility requests, repairs and deficiencies, identify trends or issues and provide recommendations to the Office Manager.
- Liaise and maintain good working relations with Property Management personnel and external vendors and contractors.
- Purchase supplies, stationary, small equipment and furniture in accordance with firm purchasing guidelines and budget.
- Track and oversee payments of invoices related to the Offices Services Department; assign accounting codes and log invoices for future reference.
- Process incoming and outgoing file transfers as requested. Record all client/matter information in the Records Management database following firm conventions.
- Collaborate with the Toronto Office Records Department to ensure policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Distribute updates to Lawyers and Paralegals.
- Back-up Reception as required or as requested by the Director, office services.
- Support the Manager, Facilities and Business Services Office and Director of Office Services with all Office Service related projects.
- Assist Human Resources with new hire paperwork and return to HR Department in the Toronto Office.
- Support Legal Assistants with general administrative work such as scanning, copying and returning documents via interoffice when work schedule permits or when directed by Office Manager.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years experience as an administrative assistant or office support.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple demands.
- Professional and tactful manner, works well with others in a collaborative style and capable of working independently.
- Excellent customer service skills to understand the requirements and needs of the users including oral and written communication and effective listening skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, Outlook).
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.