Translator WON CONTRACT
|Federal Government||Marketing & Communications|
|English 100%, French 90%||Valid Enhanced Clearance|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Thursday, January 13, 2022|
We are seeking a translator to join our client on a WON contract. In this role you will help respond to an urgent and important business need in order to support the production of training materials. This contract will go until March 31st and has a strong possibility of extension. Work will be completed remotely.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Document and develop documentation such as user manuals, technical documentation, web page content, glossaries and lexicons, etc.
- Assess the audience for the documents/manuals, which are required and prepare a statement of purpose and scope for each.
- Investigate the accuracy of the information collected by making direct use of the material being documented.
- Prepare or coordinate the preparation of any required illustrations and diagrams.
- Design and verify the layout of the documents/manuals.
- Read given material and research industry-specific terminology.
- Ensure translated content conveys original meaning and tone.
- Cross-reference specialized dictionaries and translation tools to check quality of translation.
- Proofread translated texts for grammar, spelling and punctuation accuracy.
- Follow up with internal team members and clients to ensure translation meets their needs.
- Edit content to ensure the original format is maintained (e.g. font and structure).
- Review documentation standards and the existing project documentation.
- Use word-processing, desktop publishing and graphics software packages to produce final camera-ready copy.
- Prepare one or more lexicons of terms and terminology (as required).
Qualifications and Experience
- Plain language experience
- Translation Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Valid reliability clearance
- Bilingual French and English
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +