Patent Filing Clerk - HYRBID
|Legal||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Thursday, January 13, 2022|
Our client, a nationally established IP Law firm, is looking to hire an Intellectual Property Patent Filing Clerk to join their team in Toronto, ON. This is a full-time permanent role that offers the candidate to work mainly remotely, with commitment to work on-site a few days during the week. This position offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, RRSP program, and much more! If you have 3+ years of experience working with patents, then we'd love to hear from you!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend to processing Patent Filings, such as preparing cost estimates, prepare patent filings, prepare national phase applications in Canada, file with CIPO.
- Ensure patent filings are completed in timely reporting and billing patent filings as well.
- Assist with docketing and managing internal Docket Management System. Ensure records are double checked in PATTSY, update docket entries, and ensure records are accurate.
- Prepare client invoices
- Provide administrative support including copy and scanning electronic correspondences for the firm.
- Track due dates and incoming deadlines for record information from the Canadian IP Patent office.
- Prepare and coordinate a high capacity of reporting letters.
- Analyze and understand company due dates.
- Assist Office Manager as needed to ensure tasks are completed in a timely matter
- Retrieve and organize indexing, labelling, and maintaining electronic and paper files
- Deliver assignments is an asset. This includes how to code documentation in database
- Other general and clerical administrative duties as requested
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have 3+ years of experience in IP law, specifically in Patents.
- Ideal to have proven legal administrative/office experience including data entry accuracy, coding of documentations and overall organization of file documentation.
- Must have supported a senior member independently in years of experience
- Strong asset to have a Legal Assistant or Law Clerk Diploma.
- Must be tech-savvy in the Microsoft Office Suite, Web browsers, PDF compilation programs, and databases.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
If interested in this opportunity, then please apply today for IMMEDIATE consideration!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.