Payroll Coordinator - REMOTE role!
|Hospitality & Tourism||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Thursday, January 13, 2022|
Our client in the food service industry in Oakville is seeking a Payroll Coordinator to join their team on temp to permanent bases. The ideal candidate must be able to start ASAP and have UKG (formerly Ultipro) experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in processing the bi-weekly payrolls for 1500+ employees including union and
- non-unionized staff in multiple provinces across Canada across three company
- business numbers using the UKG (Ultipro) payroll system.
- Handle payroll and benefits administration including; new hire setup, status changes,
- termination, benefits processing, ROE, etc.
- Adhere to all payroll, tax, employment standards regulations, and deadlines to minimize
- risk to the organization.
- Prepare and complete remittances and dues calculations.
- Log payroll, time and attendance tracking, and benefit inquiries and manage responses
- through prompt and courteous communication with providers, employees and
- management, escalating concerns as necessary.
- Maintain digital and physical employee files and all payroll/benefits documents.
- Act as a point of contact for field Managers and District Managers to assist them with
- their payroll questions.
- Look for ways to improve processes and create efficiency within the department
- Work closely with other departments and assist in other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of experience processing payroll from start to finish
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner designation
- Previous experience working with HRIS/Payroll software as well as working knowledge
- of Excel. UKG (Ultipro) experience an asset
- High attention to detail and proven track record of accuracy
- Strong organization skills, ability to accurately handle a high volume of transactions and
- to prioritize workload are essential
- A customer service mentality to provide support to field manager
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks