Controller - Construction Industry
|Construction||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Wednesday, January 12, 2022|
Reporting to the President, the Controller will be responsible for managing the overall financial operations of the Company and will provide accurate information to the senior management team, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and preparing financial reports. As Controller, you will be responsible for directing and managing the company’s accounting functions, including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures as well as the preparation of financial statements and reporting to senior management and external stakeholders. The Controller also maintains the company's accounting systems and implements changes as required. This position is considered part of the senior leadership team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform the in-office Finance and Accounting bookkeeping function and maintain the accuracy and integrity of the company’s financial and accounting records.
- Develop financial well-being of the organization by providing financial projections and accounting services, preparing growth plans, and directing staff.
- Plans, coordinates, and controls all day-to-day activities of the Finance, Accounting, and Administration function to ensure the company complies with legal requirements.
- Prepare financial statements and report on the financial performance of the company against the budget monthly.
- Accomplishes finance strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communicating programs.
- Design and improve the reporting tools throughout the organization. Continue to monitor for accuracy and impact.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of senior level Finance experience
- CPA Designation or equivalent required
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience in the Construction industry required
- Advanced Excel skill
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks