Senior Program Assistant - West Kitsilano
|Education||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Wednesday, January 12, 2022|
Our client in the Education industry is seeking a Senior Program Assistant to join them on site ASAP! All Senior Program Assistants will identify needed improvements and implement change in order to perform work more efficiently and provide a service-friendly atmosphere for graduate business students and instructors. All Senior Program Assistants are expected to fill in as needed for other Senior Program Assistants in the Graduate School and will be familiar with duties other than their own. Working hours for this role are Monday to Friday, 8:30am till 4:30pm. This contract is set to go until January 28th.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Updates and maintains student records and files.
- Provides systems guidance, including student information, learning management, customer relationship management, finance and HR systems. Becomes the subject matter expert on any new systems and provides input into systems' requirements.
- Advises and assists students with all aspects of course registration, including course availability, waitlists, timetabling, course changes, audits, and overload requests as per policy.
- Monitors and reviews students’ academic progress, including grade review, academic misconduct, course selection, fulfilment of academic requirements and track eligibility. Reviews, approves and processes outbound exchange student study plans and converts to school credits.
- Responds to incoming current student and alumni inquiries of a routine or complex nature via email, telephone, in person and any other online systems. Advises students on academic concessions process, program completion, tuition/financial holds and financial support, ensuring accurate information and guidance per established policies and processes. Resolves complex and controversial student issues and complaints, discussing irregular items with a manager as they arise and offers solutions.
- Produces accurate, relevant and well-written communications across multiple platforms for a variety of stakeholders: students, alumni, faculty members, staff, international academic partners, and the business community.
- Organizes various workshops, meetings and presentations to support students and instructors. Tasks include: creating content and agenda, coordinating with contributing units, invites speakers, and coordinates needed rooms, equipment, materials, and catering.
- Communicates regularly with instructors to ensure the timely and successful delivery of their courses.
- Develops and documents procedures and provides input to written policies for students, instructors and staff.
- Organizes awards timelines, selection committees and communications to students, confirms award amounts/criteria. Ensures awards are properly awarded and tracked.
- Provides support for students applying for external awards by completing needed paperwork and providing official documents.
- Develops, maintains and modifies complex surveys and databases. Creates and maintains student distribution lists.
- Prepares and produces various reports including program data and statistics, grade reports, student rankings, instructor evaluations, academic misconduct memos and grade distribution reports. Corrects errors in student information systems and approves and enters changes in assigned standings. Tracks and summarizes reciprocity across international partnerships for various global learning opportunities. Prepares, administers and distributes results of student satisfaction surveys.
- Maintains confidentiality according to Privacy regulations and law.
- Assists with budgets and expenditure tracking, including submission of expense reports.
- Monitors and authorizes budgetary expenditures with prescribed limits and reconciles approved budgets for individual courses, orientation weeks, intensive credit-bearing residency weeks, and visiting international group programs.
- Responsible for setting up procedures to collect tuition deposits and tuition payments electronically and manually for visiting international programs, and degree programs offered abroad.
- Develops and executes events including orientations, program and community building events/competitions, student leadership retreats, networking events, on and off campus workshops, program residencies, integrated courses, and global learning events.
- Develops and executes community development initiatives for students within the Graduate School.
- Liaises with Student Society representatives to support program specific events.
- Coordinates with the Events team to organize room bookings, set up, technical support, catering and event clean up.
- Coordinates any needed course and activity materials and fees and payments.
- Develops course sites, schedule, student teams and grades books for instructors.
- Provides all administrative support to instructors including but not limited to: creates diverse student teams, creates and distributes team rosters, email distribution lists, team folders on Learning Management systems for instructor and staff use. Sets up peer feedback, communicates instructions to students, collects and shares results with instructors.
- Coordinates logistics to hire Tas and markers.
- Assists with grades and set up and grade appeals.
- Secures, trains, appoints and coordinates payment for exam invigilators.
- Liaises with the Learning Services team and leads support for all aspects of online examinations.
- Coordinates and monitors usage of allocated breakout rooms, lounges, lockers and student access cards with the appropriate units in Sauder and UBC and communicates with students. Regularly monitors the student spaces and takes appropriate action to correct deficiencies.
- Provides logistical, clerical and technical support to the unit managers and directors.
- Researches and orders branded merchandise. Participates in strategic program development and unit projects, suggests new ideas for consideration and development and provides input into departmental policy.
- Develops innovative procedures and practices with the goal of improving customer service and efficiencies.
- Creates and documents procedures, ensuring that the position manual and unit WIKI are thorough, accurate and up to date.
- Performs other related duties in keeping with the qualifications and requirements of the job
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong administrative experience
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to abide by the organizations' COVID-19 vaccination policy
This role pays $27.22 an hour!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.