|Human Resources||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Wednesday, January 12, 2022|
Are you looking for a new opportunity to grow your career? We are looking for a driven, enthusiastic aspiring accounting professional to join our dynamic team!
We are a platinum member and recognized as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed companies, a leader in their industry. We offer a collaborative, fun team with a wonderful corporate culture!
This role will rely on your ability to manage a variety of deadlines in a timely and effective manner. It will call on your superb multitasking and organizational skills, your drive to meet goals, excellent communication and ability to problem solve. This is an opportunity to dive right in, working with a group of motivated and professional accounting team.
Beyond these, what’s important in joining our team is that you bring your “A game” every day with a growth-mindset, operating ethically and consultatively, while contributing to our Company culture and to the community at large.
This is a hands-on accounting role, working with a group of motivated and professional accountants.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Sr Accountant in posting journal entries
- Organizing and sorting expenses, receipts, and summarizing weekly AP
- Reconciling the balance sheet, revenue, and expense items.
- Support in governing Candidate Payroll and Invoicing Governance (Hours match)
- Balance and reconciling bank transactions
- Responsible for HST, EHT, CSST & WSIB, and Source Deduction Remittances and Reconciliations
- Supporting the Controller with year-end close and with special projects
- Ad hoc accounting, payroll, and financial requests from the CFO & the Controller.
Qualifications and Experience
- An aspiring accounting professional. New Grad or +1 year of experience.
- In pursuit of a CPA designation
- Experience or interest in financial analysis and accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and the ability to adapt to new technologies
- Must have a positive go-getter attitude!
- Must have excellent communication skills in English
- The ability to problem solve and be resourceful in finding solutions.
- Minimum education required: Post-Secondary Education in Commerce, business admin and accounting
- Preferred field of study: Accounting
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks