Manager, Experience Design
|Information Technology||UX/UI & Web Development|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Friday, January 21, 2022|
One of our clients is looking for a Manager, Experience design who will work closely with a broad group of stakeholders and subject matter experts to inspire and lead discussions both internally with colleagues
and externally with customers. You’ll lead a collaborative team of Business Analysts and UX/UI Designers and partner with product managers, software architects, engineering leads, and other job functions, to deliver industry leading experiences across company's products and services.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead, manage and grow a team of talented UX and UI Designers and business analysts to support digital agile teams and digital products (web, mobile, apps, etc.).
- Expand the value of UX within the organization and across all products and establish design metrics that show the value of UX.
- Advocate the value of UX and continuously communicate with stakeholders up, down, an across the organization regarding key deliverables resulting in positive customer outcomes.
- Define and own the user research vision and roadmap, and drive research priorities that contribute to delivering compelling product experiences.
- Conduct and/or partner on user research studies and present findings that will inform improvements in the customer experience.
- Discover customer and business needs through contextual inquiries, generative and quantitative research, and identify solutions to meet those needs.
- Be a fast-paced innovator who can prototype rapidly in multiple mediums and levels of interactivity (physical, digital, low and hi-fidelity, from conceptual to tangible).
- Grow design competency through identifying and tracking training and development needs in your team and finding different ways to satisfy those needs.
- Manage team capacity across the portfolio against multiple release schedules.
- Partner with Product Management to ensure customer requirements are met and incorporated into our products from concept to delivery.
- Facilitate workshops, design sprints, and stakeholder sessions in the context of agile delivery.
- Present research findings and experience visions to executive and their leadership teams.
- Champion the ongoing development and use of the REALTOR.ca Design System
Qualifications and Experience
- 8+ years experience in a user experience designer role, designing intuitive digital experiences for both web and mobile apps.
- You are seasoned in fast-paced design research with 5+ years of experience leading and conducting user research.
- Strong leadership, team management, communication, and organization skills with a passion for growing and developing people.
- Complete UX skills: Workshop facilitation, problem discovery, solution generation, concept creation, wireframing, user testing, synthesis, iteration, prototyping, heuristic evaluation,
- competitive analysis, customer journey mapping, applying design systems and producing deliverables for development.
- Significant experience working with development teams, participating in scrum, working within the agile methodology.
- Expert knowledge of design and prototyping tools like Figma, Invision or others.
- Experience with front-end development (HTML/CSS) is not required, but knowledge of the capabilities and constraints of digital standards and platforms would be beneficial
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +
One to two weeks