Medical Office Assistant - West Kitsilano
|Education||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Tuesday, January 11, 2022|
Our client in the Education industry is seeking a Medical Office Assistant to join them on site for a 6 week contract with a high possibility of extension. The selected candidate will act as receptionist in the main dental clinic working with students and faculty to serve 200-300 patients per day.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides guidance and instructions to students on dental plans and pre-determination procedures. Liaises with dental plans to ensure that patients receive maximum benefits. Verifies and prints dental insurance claim forms for reimbursement. Troubleshoots dental insurance processes.
- Allocates payments in patient records from dental insurance remittances, follows up problems with patients and dental insurance companies. Gathers information from patient records.
- Answers telephone and in-person queries from prospective and current patients about programs available for treatment in the dental clinic. Answer queries about treatment entries and charges in computer record. Identifies problem in computer record and forwards for correction.
- Books appointments for routine and urgent care patients. Assigns students to urgent care patients and liaises with urgent care supervisor to ensure that all patients receive treatment. Books appointments for non-registered patients in pain for the Urgent Care Clinic.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with medical biling
- Medical Office Assistant (MOA) certificate
- Ability to abide by the organizations COVID-19 vaccination policy
This role is paying $23.49 an hour!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.