General Accountant Logistics Industry
|Transportation & Logistics||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Tuesday, January 25, 2022|
Our client, a logistics company in Mississauga, is seeking a driven and dedicated General Accountant to join their growing team. This role supports the day to day financial operations of the company. This is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to join a dynamic growing organization. This role offers a hybrid working model, hours of work are Monday to Friday, between 8am to 5pm. Salary range is between $60,000-$65,000 annually with benefits.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Calculates and processes invoices, reports, account statements, purchase orders.
- Responsible for full Accounts Payable function ensuring all transactions are properly accounted for in the TMS system by verifying proper match of invoices received with accrual on file
- Assist with accounts receivable
- Perform payment runs in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy
- Records information, processes, and files forms, investigates and resolves discrepancies.
- Assists in month-end reporting procedures.
- Assist with year-end closings
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or Diploma in Bookkeeping or Accounting.
- 1+ years of full-cycle accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high volume environment
- Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
If interested, please APPLY NOW to be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those short-listed based on the requirements for this role will be contacted.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks