Transportation Coordinator - Hybrid
|11 week contract +|
|Transportation & Logistics||Supply Chain & Logistics|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Thursday, January 27, 2022|
Our client is currently seeking candidates for a Transportation Coordinator Opportunity starting as soon as possible. This is a temporary position for an 11 week contract with possible extension. This is a hybrid opportunity - working from home right now and hybrid in the future. Hours are Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm and pays $23/hour.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure the smooth movement of both finished goods and raw materials to our internal and external customers by managing all day-to-day issues in real time and ensure corrective actions are put in place.
- Organize primary transport, from plants to distribution centers and ensure the best saturation of vehicles in terms of weight and volume, as well as price
- Utilizing ORD (TMS), organize and optimize customer deliveries by building Truck Load (TL), plus stops (load planning) and by interconnecting primary and secondary transports to get favorable rates for each truckload per lane per carrier.
- Participate in the development and the optimization of the transportation plan to enable greater efficiency of the distribution network.
- Propose and implement continuous improvement solutions to reduce transportation cost.
- Ensure accurate audits are performed and sign off is given for the invoices.
- Accurate invoice audit and approval for third party carrier invoices.
- Participate in the tendering process by gathering lane/shipping information about the national transportation activity and customers’ profile as well as making recommendations to management and assisting with implementation of changes as required.
- Monitor the efficiency of work, using daily and weekly operational key performance indicators. Propose and implement quick actions to reduce cost and service deviation.
- Manage National freight claims to ensure that the company has properly processed and received payment for products damaged or lost when in the possession of our third party Carriers.
- Manage National freight deductions ensuring that deductions adhere to the agreed upon rate and to ensure corrective action to reduce freight penalties that the company receives.
- Participate in key transportation projects and support annual continuous improvement initiatives
Qualifications and Experience
- must have worked in a logistic, coordinator or dispatcher role
- Experience in logistics he logistics industry is nice to have
- SAP experience is nice to have
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
11 week contract +
Temp to Perm