|Natural Resources||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Friday, January 14, 2022|
Our non-profit client located in North York is seeking an accountant to join their team. The ideal candidate will have 3-5+ years of experience in accounting/finance and have recent experience working in the non-profit/regulatory space.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare quarterly financial statements for presentation to senior management.
- Monitor all accounts receivable and accounts payable processes.
- Prepares quarterly/annual funding submissions and funding reports to government and funders.
- Create and inputs general ledger entries and reconciles and balances general ledger accounts on a monthly basis according to company policies and procedures.
- Review all vendor invoices, purchase orders, and expense reimbursement forms and new customer and vendor files set up.
- Analyze financial matters and business trends to prepare the annual operating budget process with the Manager of Finance
- Prepare audit working paper binder with schedules and supporting documentation and reports.
- Conduct and review the maintenance of the organization’s Accounting Records.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have 3-5+ years of similar accounting related experience as mentioned above.
- Strong asset to have experience using SAP
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Accounting. Having a completed CPA or in the process of completion is a definite asset.
If you are interested, please apply below for IMMEDIATE consideration!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks