Accounting Manager Logistics Industry
|Transportation & Logistics||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Tuesday, January 25, 2022|
Our client, a well established and global transportation company is looking for an Accounting Manager for their Mississauga location. This is an HYBRID position - on-site with lots of flexibility to work from home as needed.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced senior accountant who wants to advance to a management role. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of accounting experience and have recent experience working for an international company with multiple locations. It's required to have experience working with multiple currencies to remit money overseas and for currency conversion. This role is exciting as you support the CEO by presenting financial insights and budgeting.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead a junior accountant with day-day accounting transactions.
- Accountable for month-end close and reporting to the CEO.
- Forecasting, budgeting and financial analysis.
- Present financial data and insights to CEO to lead decision making.
- Full cycle accounting, analyze business transactions, record them in journals, post them to ledgers.
- manage and reconcile trial balance accounts.
- Advise and identify process improvements.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Additional duties as requested
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have 5-7 years of progressive finance and accounting experience.
- Having a completed CPA in good standing is a definite asset.
- Strong organizational, time management & communication skills
- Solid knowledge of finance and accounting
- Knowledge of Freight forwarding/ transportation industry is an asset
- Knowledge of Cargo Wise Accounting is a asset
- Excellent WORD and EXCEL skills
- Problem solving skills to actively search for input errors and other discrepancies
- Ability to multitask in a highly deadline driven environment
Think this job is the right fit for you? Apply below and email me at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their time, however only those qualified will be contacted.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks