Field Service Tech
|Information Technology||Help Desk and Service Desk Support|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Less than one week||Friday, January 14, 2022|
Field Service onsite tech support (80%), Service Delivery/Project team (15% offline work, no inbound call taking) as well as in house IT support/inventory tasks (5%)
While supporting the Service Delivery Team, you will provide remote service assistance using various web-based remote support tools when necessary. While servicing the Field Services Team, you will be interacting with our clients and users at various locations across the city. At times, travel will be required (up to 15-20%)
While at our clients’ offices, you’ll need to use your broad technical knowledge to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve user issues on a variety of devices – workstations, laptops, smartphones, and other peripherals. You will also configure devices, manage inventory, perform maintenance tasks, and update documentation.
You’ll have hands-on experience working with Windows 7/8/10, Mac OSX, iOS, Windows Server, Active Directory, DHCP/DNS, VMware, Office 365, and more.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Process service tickets and assign to appropriate service resources, as necessary.
- Maintain service ticket ownership throughout the life of the support incident.
- Escalate high-profile issues to the Service Desk Manager for appropriate handling and routing.
- React to onsite outage scenarios as necessary or as assigned by the Service Desk Manager/Field Services Manager.
- Responsible for the overall administration of the desktop, laptop, and peripherals at specific location.
- Install, configure, and diagnose client workstations and equipment.
- Conduct on-site problem determination and analysis.
- Provide advice and technical guidance to end users and technical resources as the situation warrants.
- Go on site to support customers or projects that can’t be performed remotely as well as routine maintenance.
- Verify and diagnose servers, network hardware, and other infrastructure issues with the help of escalation staff.
- Document in detail the activities carried out as well as the technical information collected.
- Maintenance of the internal network cabling and cross-connects. Executing changes as required.
- Maintenance of network printer devices.
- Assist with account management activities.
- Responsible for the use of the site ticketing system to record all problems, incidents and changes. Ensuring accurate resolution notes for each ticket.
- Identify and escalate production critical issues to the appropriate groups.
- Perform data backup and recovery at a user level, as required.
- Comply with internal controls and policies as applicable.
- Responsible for on-call/as-needed support for remote locations.
- This position requires some overtime/on-call hours and carrying a mobile phone.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in a technical support role.
- Relevant Degree/Diploma or equivalent.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have access to a vehicle with a valid drivers license.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to document processes and accept feedback.
- Strong ability to work within a team environment.
- Excellent communicator and personable.
- Some knowledge of database technologies and asset.
- Ability to make sound judgement calls and escalate to senior resources when needed.
- Physically capable of lifting and carrying packaged computers, monitors, and other equipment.
- Hands-on experience with troubleshooting, replacing, and configuring hardware, including PCs, mobile devices, servers, and other networking equipment.
- Strong knowledge of all Endpoint OS – Windows Operating Systems, MacOS, iOS.
- Strong knowledge of common client‐side productivity application suites (Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365 environments, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.).
- Experience with using Endpoint management solutions such as JAMF, SCCM, MBAM etc.
- Industry certifications – Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), MCSA, CompTia A+, Network+.
- Basic working knowledge of Linux and Unix.
- Past experience with ticketing systems such as ServiceNow or ConnectWise to track time and status/resolution.
- Hands-on Experience with print publishing software.
- Experience in time-critical manufacturing/production environments.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: High School Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.