Network Security Engineer - Consultant
|Energy & Utilities||Other|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Monday, January 10, 2022|
Our Hydro and Utilities client is looking for a Network Security Engineer (Consultant) to join their team for a 1 year term to assist in design, configuration, maintenance of Network Security Infrastructure. . The role will be remote to start until the Toronto office reopens.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Administer, Manage the next generation firewalls, assist in reviewing and Implementing FW requests from cross functional team
- Audit, maintain documentation of current Firewall policies and clean up stale rule periodically
- Participate in day to day troubleshooting and provide RCA for the major network incidents.
- Participate in real-time network security event monitoring and response
- Manage future Security solutions acquisitions including related equipment, installation, configuration, management and operational support
Qualifications and Experience
- Expert hands-on experience on tools & platforms such as NG FW/IPS, Email Security Gateways, SSL proxy, DNS Protection
- Experience in technology solutions offered by vendors like Cisco, Fortinet, Gigamon, McAfee, Infoblox etc
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Information Technology
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience relevant to some or all of the following operational areas: SIEM, QRADAR, CCIE, CCNP Security, NIST and/or OCSF, Remedy, OT, SCADA and Networking
- Certifications related to Network Security tools will be considered an asset
- Electrical Utility experience an asset
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks
One to two weeks