Senior Internal Auditor Government of Ontario
|3 months + poss. extension/per|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Monday, January 10, 2022|
Altis Recruitment is currently looking to hire a Senior Internal Auditor for the Government of Ontario.
This is a 3+ month temporary assignment with the possibility of extension, renewal or permanency.
SCOPE: To provide expertise, advice in risk management, business consulting and assurance services to Cluster Senior management to support the achievement of business objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Risk Management and Consultations
- Provides expertise, advice and consulting services to assist clients in the development, use and evaluation of risk management and control strategies for current or proposed operations, processes, policies and programs.
- Utilize appropriate risk assessment and management methodologies to monitor, evaluate, report risks to senior management and identify risks and adopt risk mitigation strategies
- Design and implement risk assessment and quality assurance tools to meet the needs of government and external clients.
- Evaluates client needs, identifies, and markets consulting and educational services to improve strategic/operational planning, business processes, organizational design, change management, performance measurement, quality assurance, risk management, controllership and related policies and procedures.
- Plans, conducts, coordinates and leads multiple, complex audit projects including value-for-money audits, special investigations, financial management and compliance audits. Execution of the audit requires leading, supervising and coordinating audit activities. These tasks require interviewing stakeholders, documenting systems, extracting data and information, researching internal and external sources of information and reporting and presenting recommendations to management and stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated and relevant experience in internal audit within big4 or top10 professional practice or big5 banks preferred.
- Completed CPA, CA, CGA, CMA preferred
- CIA/IIA preferred
- Generally accepted auditing standards, accounting principles, current audit practices and methodologies.
- Project management skills to establish/document the Ministry's operative control strategies and structures in identified risk areas and to participate in strategic and operational planning/implementation of concurrent projects within budget and target date.
- Generally accepted risk management frameworks and principles, principles, practices, standards, methodologies and contemporary advancements in the field to manage the client ministry's risk management services, provide advice and expertise.
- Government financial and accounting principles (GAAP,PSAB), policies and processes to audit financial reporting and accountability frameworks/processes and ensure the accuracy and integrity of the client's financial information
- Consulting and education skills to provide consulting and educational services to clients, present audit findings, prepare briefing material, and to provide advice on various control and risk assessment strategies and processes.
- Computer applications such as specialized audit software ( eg IDEA, Audit Command Language) which is used to identify discrepancies in large quantities of data, and to determine areas of highest risk to direct audit testing. -Knowledge of PC skills and computer applications for use of word processing, spreadsheets, email and database applications.
- Interpersonal and negotiating skills to assist clients at senior management level in meeting the business objectives and influencing corrective action; advising on risk assessment strategies and processes, special reviews, and conduct of audits.
- Frequent contact with senior management to negotiate, provide advice, expertise and recommendations regarding the functioning of the ministries control strategies and systems.
- Presentation skills to provide explanations of complex risk and prevention issues and strategies and present audit findings to clients and senior management.
- Negotiation skills to lead audit projects with stakeholders and negotiate and promote cost beneficial & practical recommendations resulting from audit findings.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
NOTE: Some audit roles may require minimal travel within Ontario.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: The successful candidate will require a Ministry administered security clearance and completed references prior to starting. The minimal cost of the clearance is at the cost of the successful candidate as the clearance is only portable with the incumbent, but is valid for a 5-year period.
HOURLY RATE: $55/hr (Incorporated)
***This role is 100% remote for the duration of the contract. This could change in future as return-to-work plans are developed for the Province of Ontario in 2022/2023***
HOW TO APPLY: Interested and qualified candidates, please submit resume to "Apply Now" link below:
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks