Health and Safety Coordinator - Construction
|Permanent||From: $60,000.00 To: $80,000.00|
|Construction||Construction & Property Management|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Wednesday, January 19, 2022|
Our client is seeking a Health and Safety Coordinator to join their team on a permanent basis for their residential construction company in the Burlington region.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing the implementation, execution and ongoing evaluation of all aspects of the health and safety programs for construction projects
- Drive continuous improvement of, and ongoing development and evaluation of the Health and Safety Program through development of action plans based on review of incidents, risk, and employee feedback
- Provide training and H&S onboarding of new employees as well as continuous ongoing training as needed
- Once programs and policies are drafted, and approved, the manager is responsible for communicating and carrying out the training for such policies and programs.
- Perform a gap analysis of the existing Health and Safety Program and compare with industry best practices. Preparing recommendations for senior leadership.
- Act as an advocate for employee wellness and safety. They will ensure a safe work environment for all project employees, contractors and key stakeholders on project sites and offices
- Monitor hazards and control risks in the workplace, establish and enhance safety programs, coordinate training.
- Ensure that all sites, employees and trades operate with the highest standard in health and safety.
- Conduct frequent project site inspections and hazard assessments and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Perform additional assignments per manager’s direction.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Occupational Health & Safety related field
- Previous training experience
- Safety certification training (e.g., CRSP, NSCO) is required.
- Two or more years of experience in a Health and Safety Role in a construction setting.
- Experience with conducting site inspections and accident/incident investigations
- First aid including CPR
- Understanding of the Occupation Health and Safety Act (OHSA), and Workplace Safety and Insurance Board System (WSIB)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle
- Experience in High-Rise construction
- EHS training
- COR auditor
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
If this position interests you and you meet the qualifications, please contact Maggie at Maggie@altisrecruitment.com or apply here!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
One to two weeks