Administrative Assistant - Non-Profit
|6 - 11 Months|
|Non-Profit||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Less than one week||Monday, January 10, 2022|
Our client within the Non-Profit sector is looking for an Administrative Assistant to join their team for a contract. There are two positions available based on contract length and shift times:
1) Monday to Friday; 9a - 5p (January 2022 to June 2022)
2) Monday to Friday, 7:30a - 3:30p (January 2022 to November 2022)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Screens and responds to general telephone inquiries from the public, clients, suppliers, staff and external agency representatives.
- Relays messages, records details and refers to appropriate individual. Personally responds to routine calls.
- Types from written or dictated information a variety of material such as memos, letters, schedules, lists and minutes.
- Completes various forms and templates and occasionally composes correspondence.
- Prepares and updates reports and statistical records using database/spreadsheet applications.
- Participates in team meetings and, when required, in other branch or Agency meetings; takes minutes at meetings as required.
- Acts as back-up to other clerical or reception positions ensuring adequate coverage.
- Provides support to staff with computer and technology applications.
- Advises Supervisor of any problems in execution of administrative and team responsibilities and participates in the planning for resolution of problems.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties as required, such as: opens, logs and distributes mail and faxes; places advertisements in newspapers; photocopies;
- Maintains and updates filing system; forwards documents to Records Department as directed.
- Performs other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary School Diploma, plus 2 years recent administrative experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Proven ability in keyboarding and using computer systems including Microsoft Office applications (testing will be required)
- Effective and pleasant communications skills, including excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills, flexible and able to adapt to the changing needs of the team and the branch and work in a fast-paced, high-pressure setting.
- Ability to comply with full vaccination mandate.
Please note this position is fully ON SITE at their offices near Yonge and Bloor. The role is offering $29/hr. Apply today!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.