Senior Program Officer Contract Opportunity
|Broader Public Sector||Consulting|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Friday, January 7, 2022|
Our client is an established partner of the federal government, national associations, and non-profits. They create Canadian Partnerships that develop opportunities for members to gain academic and industry experience, enrich personal growth and actively support economic development across Canada.
They are seeking a Senior Program Officer to plan, execute, monitor, report and budget one of their Partnerships with an academic-healthcare institution. This Officer will engage with staff at all levels, report to stakeholders and negotiate with federal government members and industry partners.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain a leadership, consulting and problem-solving role with members, partners, senior officials, funding agencies, stakeholders, staff
- Effectively interact with staff, senior and administrative staff from member institutions, government and partner organizations; maintain these important relationships;
- Function with a significant level of flexibility and autonomy
- Perform various complex tasks under pressure with attention to detail
- Prioritize multiple tasks and demands simultaneously
- Use sound judgment, tact and diplomacy
- Have the ability to work effectively and efficiently within a team environment, and recommend results-based solutions;
- Make efficient and strategic recommendations;
- Troubleshoot as required and provide innovative problem solving solutions within the framework of the assigned program, project or activity;
- Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of accounting principles, public sector policies and procedures
Qualifications and Experience
- (3) to (5) years of experience in a leadership capacity operating as a Program Officer, Project Manager, Performance Measurement Consultant, Financial Officer or similar capacity
- Previous experience with program or project management in a non-profit or public sector role
- A post-secondary diploma or degree from a Canadian institution
- Experience with the Canadian educational industry (specifically, the college or university systems)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- A keen attention to detail
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Teams and Excel at the intermediate level; basic Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Zoom capabilities
- Experience in strategic planning as it relates to projects/programs
- Excellent research and analytical ability (as it relates to financial analysis)
- Fluent in both official languages is a strong asset
- Project Management Professional (PMP with the PMI) is a strong asset
- A valid federal government security clearance is an asset
- Experience with MS Projects is an asset
A high degree of confidentiality and professionalism is required for this role; Please submit a brief cover letter and 2-3 professional references (must be available for contact prior to placement).
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks
One to two weeks