Family Engagement Coordinator - Healthcare
|Health Care & Science||Health Care|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|One to two weeks||Wednesday, January 19, 2022|
Altis is currently looking for a Coordinator for our client in the health research field. This is an opportunity that is great for someone who is starting off in the health industry with experience working with volunteers, rehabilitation services, and external stakeholders.
The Coordinator is responsible for managing the volunteer team, coordinating and developing the Volunteer Program and liaising with other divisions and other external organizations as needed. This position requires experience working with volunteers, a strong administrative background, multitasking, and the ability to prioritize and communicate well.
The ideal candidate will be outgoing, positive, professional, with the ability to remain calm under pressure, and establish effective working relationships with staff, members, volunteers, and suppliers.
This position is a hybrid position with the office in Toronto. The Coordinator role is a permanent role for 30 hours a week (Monday to Thursday).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain and grow corporate and volunteer relationships with potential industry partners so as to increase support and revenue to various programs.
- Promote the program and ensure that volunteers are carefully selected, oriented, trained, and supported to ensure the provision of high quality volunteer services.
- representation and participation.
- Organize events, attend planning meetings, lead volunteer committees, and produce event promotional materials while keeping internal/external stakeholders engaged and informed.
- Design and distribute the newsletters.
- Provide administrative support such a schedule meetings, set up virtual meetings, volunteer correspondence, etc.
- Assist with development of departmental goals and objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of program coordination and administration (1 year can be unpaid volunteer / internship)
- Post-secondary degree in a related field such as education, volunteer management, etc
- Ability to build positive relationship with internal clients, volunteers and community stakeholders
- Strong administrative experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership, training and facilitation skills
- Active and outgoing with the ability to engage youth and adults from a broad range of backgrounds and ages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, high proficiency in computer skills and presentations
- Strong empathy and understanding skills
- Community engagement
- experience in rehabilitation
Apply today for this excellent opportunity!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +