|Permanent||From: $61,000.00 To: $72,000.00|
|Broader Public Sector||Administration & Clerical|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Friday, January 7, 2022|
We are currently recruiting for an Executive Assistant opportunity with our client, a political organization and representative body. The Executive Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and other senior management members. Duties include but are not limited to arranging travel plans, meeting minute-taking and distribution, scheduling appointments and drafting both internal and external correspondence. The Executive Assistant must be adept at scheduling a high volume of meetings, managing conflicting schedules, and liaising with other members of the Executive and Senior Management.
To be successful in this position, the candidate must be detail oriented and results focused, and have a demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a rapidly changing environment. It is an asset if you have experience reviewing policy documents and/or legal contracts.
Due to the nature of the work, the individual in this role will work full-time onsite in their downtown Ottawa office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide direct administrative and office management support to members of the executive team, as directed
- Maintain work schedules and calendars of executive management, particularly the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
- Prepare travel schedules, book travel arrangements, and make reservations for the CAO
- Coordinate logistics for meetings, seminars, workshops, special projects, and events
- Review documents, reports, and correspondence prepared for executive signature for format, content, grammar, and spelling and make edits as necessary
- Review, evaluate, and distribute priority incoming and outgoing correspondence for the executive team
- Facilitate communication between internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain confidentiality, and professionally interact with employees, management and others at all times
- Other duties as may reasonably be assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary education (in Business Administration or relevant discipline, preferred)
- 3-5 years’ experience in an administrative role, preferably at the senior executive level
- Strong knowledge of office procedures and practices, including strong digital literacy
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team in a deadline driven environment
- It will be considered an asset to have experience reviewing policy documents and/or legal contracts
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.