Communications Specialist ~ Hybrid
|Broader Public Sector||Marketing & Communications|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Tuesday, January 18, 2022|
Our client in the non-profit sector is seeking a Communications Specialist to cover a leave for a 6 month contract. This role has competitive compensation and will be Hybrid, 3 days a week in office.
As apart of the Corporate Communications team, you will be working in a fast-paced environment and working closely with the Manager of Media Relations.
The successful candidate has experience managing external Communications, media relations, and has strong communications project management experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Alongside Manager, planning, developing and implementing Corporate Communications strategy and media relations plans.
- Managing communications from development of content, to design, production and distribution, ensuring they are consistent with organizational needs, standards.
- Project manage logistics, i.e. preparing briefs, defining scopes of work.
- Issues management, developing key messages and strategies to manage public relations/ media relations.
- Supporting organizational advertising efforts, ensuring consistency with communications strategy.
- Supporting strategic planning of other departments, i.e.. government relations, brand management.
- Managing internal and external resources according to schedules, timelines, budgets.
- Representing the organization at events.
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Adaptable, flexible.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Communications, Public Relations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications or a related field of study.
- Experience with Media Relations; writing content.
- Experience working with Corporate Communications; strategy, planning.
- Bilingual in French (written/oral) is an asset.
- Experience with Issues Management is an asset.
- Experience working in non-profit, government, agency, politics is an asset.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
Apply today to be considered!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
Two weeks +