Accountant - Take the next step in your career with this thriving organization!
|Energy & Utilities||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Thursday, January 6, 2022|
Our client, a leader in Construction and innovative technologies located in Ottawa, is currently seeking an Accountant to join their growing team in a full-time, permanent capacity. This Accountant will work along the Building Services specialties team which is both fast paced and exciting to work alongside.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Track office payroll costs to respective project cost centres
- Maintain capital asset continuity schedules, test validity of additions, classifications and record disposals
- Reconcile and post Journal Entries, maintain balance sheet schedules such as prepaids, inventories, accruals, deferred revenue etc
- Analyze various accounts, ensuring expenses are classified correctly according to budget
- Assist with various month-end tasks including but not limited to accruals, cost adjustments, etc.
- Prepare and post intercompany transactions
- Prepare the month end closing adjusting entries for over/under revenue, depreciation, payroll adjustments, WIP adjustments, OH reclass, etc.
- Review and file monthly GST/HST/QST remittances
- Assist with audit requests
Qualifications and Experience
- Post secondary education in accounting or business is required
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Strong understanding of accounting fundamentals and principles
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines as they arise
- High degree of accuracy, organization and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently under minimal supervision, take initiative to get the job done
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
To be immediately considered for this exciting opportunity, apply directly to this posting or send your resume to Nadine@altisrecruitment.com today!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks