IT Technical Support - Consultant
|Energy & Utilities||Project Management|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Thursday, January 6, 2022|
Our Hydro and Utilities client is looking for a Senior IT Technical Support/Consultant to join their team for a 6 month term. The role will be remote to start until the Toronto office reopens.
Reporting to the Lead Project Management, the IT Technical Support Consultant is responsible for supporting legacy applications that are developed in .net, Java, visual basics and also off the shelf products such as Bentley ProjectWise/MicroStation and Oracle Field Services (OFSC).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Proactively identify problems and opportunities for improvement of IT service and infrastructure systems or processes, including architecture advancement, service level improvement, cost efficiency and customer demand management.
- Provide Application Services and solutions to support IT&S project delivery (Project management).
- Troubleshoot and maintain IT assets to improve reliability, including capacity, response to incidents and issues resolution
- Identify opportunities to optimize the efficiency of IT Application Services (Service Management).
Qualifications and Experience
- Over 5 years of progressive experience in supporting IT applications
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work with large volumes of data, SQL scripting, or other data mining skills.
- 3+ years experience with Windows and Linux platform.
- 2+ years working with relational databases (MySQL, Oracle, etc.).
- 3+ years experience with Scripting (Power, Shell, etc.)
- Hands-on experience and troubleshooting RESTful API and interface specifications (Swagger, RAML, SOAP)
- Troubleshooting experience working with security gateways and protocols (JWT, Oauth2.0, SSL Certificates)
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Preferable experience in supporting Oracle Field Services (OFSC)
- Preferable experience in Bentley’s MicroStation and ProjectWise
- Experience with using Remedy Ticketing System
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +