Senior Financial Analyst
|Information Technology||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Tuesday, January 4, 2022|
Our client is a huge global competitor in the #tech industry and they are looking to add a Senior Financial Analyst to their team to work on new initiatives within the company. The ideal candidate has minimum 3 years of experience with their CPA (or near completion). This role currently reports to the Commercial Finance Director, and we are looking for someone who is resilient and adaptable, capable of taking on new projects and developing processes to drive efficiencies working directly with leaders in the business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyze current company processes to identify any opportunities to improve, automate and align with strategic initiatives.
- Help implement, manage, and operate our new inventory system to drive insights and improve profitability by working with category managers to optimize our product offering.
- Understanding the business plan & objectives, working directly with the VP & their team to ensure the business operations are aligned to plan and that we understand any variation.
- Perform FP&A functions such as budgeting and financial planning (including key KPIs), then analyze performance against our plans to drive accountability.
- Build and report on & Key KPIs to ensure leadership understands business performance at the store level.
- Perform Month-end closing activities and review working papers
- Review Commercial Finance processes - Streamline processes working with our internal controls team to implement a strong control framework for processes
- Ad-hoc projects and process improvement - Process and System Integrations, Campaign tracking, ad-hoc reporting for our partners, and financial modeling for new partnerships and commercial arrangements.
Qualifications and Experience
- CPA designation with 3-5 years of proven operational experience
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to liaise with other departments
- Highly adaptable and passionate about solving business problems - both from a finance and operational perspective.
- Experience in the retail industry supporting store financials is a huge plus.
- Experience with SQL and/or data analysis tools (Tableau/PowerBI) is an asset.
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks