Senior Accountant - Join a thriving organization!
|Retail||Finance & Accounting|
|English verbal and written||Not required|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Friday, January 7, 2022|
Our client, a thriving retail organization based out of Ottawa, is currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional leadership and problem-solving skills in order to support the organization in developing and implementing effective, progressive business strategies. The Senior Accountant will also support the Finance Manager in supervising remote associates responsible for accounting and bookkeeping. This is a flexible, hybrid opportunity and will occasionally require the Senior Accountant in the office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Oversees and/or leads preparation of general ledger journal entries, fixed asset tracking, monthly balance sheet reconciliation, and bank reconciliation, all while ensuring company financial records are kept in accordance with GAAP
- Responsible for delivery of accurate and timely month-end financial reporting
- Lead projects within finance function to ensure continuous improvement of accounting processes (OR Assists in adoption of new accounting standards including but not limited to researching standards, preparing written accounting policy for company, and preparing new disclosures.)
- Present analysis and advice to senior management and executives.
- Gather and collect all financial data and information to verify whether it has been accurately entered in the system and monitor/retrieve financial details when required
- Ensure financial records are kept in accordance with GAAP
- Deliver accurate and timely month-end financial reporting
- Complete accurate and timely processing of bi-weekly payroll & correlating reports
- Complete accurate and timely processing of all month-end inventory journal entries
- Lead projects within the Finance Team to ensure continuous improvement of accounting processes
- Monitor all financial transactions for effectiveness in driving the overall business strategy
- ●Prepare bank deposits and complete transactions
- Remit and process GST/HST reports monthly
- Ensure proper processing and management of invoices
- Perform other related duties/assignments as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance, or a combination of education and related experience
- 5 years work experience in accounting
- Previous experience dealing with taxes in other provinces or internationally will be considered an asset
- Previous experience working in an an environment that accounts for online purchases, gift cards, PayPal etc is strongly preferred
- Previous experience with QuickBooks Online will be considered an asset
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: University Degree or College Diploma
To be immediately considered for this fantastic opportunity, apply directly or send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
One to two weeks