|1 Year Contract|
|Information Technology||AI Development|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|ASAP||Thursday, January 20, 2022|
Our client, located in Downtown Ottawa, is looking for a QA Test Analyst to join their team for a 1 year contract! This position offers opportunity for extension. Given the current circumstances, employees will be working from home, 100% of time. As working conditions return to normal, they will shift to a hybrid working arrangement.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work within agile team to estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Participate in daily standups, planning, grooming, and retrospective meetings
- Review acceptance criteria, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create, maintain and execute comprehensive test strategies and test cases for our web applications and backend products
- Identify, record, document, and track bugs
- Provide effective communication regarding the status of application under test
- Perform back end (DB) and data validity testing as required
- Run, debug, analyze and maintain test automation suites
- Perform integration, functional and regression tests on new applications and on existing applications as required
- Pro-actively seeks continuous improvements in test coverage, execution, and automation
- Learn new technology and consistently upgrade skills to meet the demands of projects.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years' experience working in Software Quality Assurance field with hands-on skill in Agile methodologies
- 5+ years working experience testing client/server web applications with focus on backend
- Solid understanding and working experience in manual and automated testing of RESTful webservices using Postman or any other tools
- Proven relational database knowledge and experience - able to understand, create and execute database SQL queries (from simple to complex)
- Understanding of data warehouse/business intelligence concepts, and architectural components
- Understanding of DB tools, automation tools and scripts
- Experience in creating and executing test plans, test strategies, test cases/scripts
- Working experience executing various types of tests (functional, UI, regression,
- compatibility, performance, etc.) for web applications and mobile apps
- Experience with automating testing for web applications and API using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Nunit, Junit, Maven, Rest-assured, and other
- Experience with source control tools, preferably git and Azure DevOps – an asset
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
1 Year Contract