Health and Safety Manager - Hybrid
|Permanent||From: $115,000.00 To: $130,000.00|
|Energy & Utilities||Human Resources|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check at time of placement|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Tuesday, January 11, 2022|
Our Government Agency client in the Utilities sector is currently seeking a permanent Health and Safety Manager to join their team! This excellent hybrid opportunity offers 3 days working from home and 2 days in-office in Mississauga, ON. This position will be primarily focused on Occupational Health and Safety with some Labour Relations responsibilities. We will be seeking candidates with both hands-on and strategic planning experience in Health and Safety with experience working in an unionized environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- HEALTH AND SAFETY:
- Plan, Develop, implement, coordinate, evaluate, and update H&S policies, procedures and programs, ensuring safe work practices and policies
- Ensure compliance with H&S legislation, policy development, education and training; for example, Harassment, Discrimination & Violence in the Workplace, AODA, WHMIS, etc.
- Provide H&S training as required or requested and manage the training matrix to ensure compliance with legislated training requirements
- Acts as lead in representing management in matters of H&S with the government, associations and other outside agencies
- LABOUR RELATIONS:
- Provide program support for the administration and delivery of employee and labour relations to other HR functions and occasionally to line management
- Participate in collective bargaining, arbitrations, grievance hearings, etc. as required
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience
- 6+ years of relevant Health and Safety experience, both with strategic planning and hands-on execution
- Proven knowledge of, and experience with, applicable H&S legislation; familiarity with other employment related legislation and best practices
- Experience working in an unionized environment
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
This full-time, permanent opportunity offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Apply today for immediate consideration!
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Two weeks +
One to two weeks