Payroll and Benefits Administrator - Onsite, Toronto
|Permanent||From: $58,000.00 To: $65,000.00|
|Health Care & Science||Health Care|
|English verbal and written||Criminal Check vulnerable sector|
|Start Period||Date Posted|
|Two weeks +||Tuesday, January 11, 2022|
Our client, a children's mental health agency in the City of Toronto, is seeking a Payroll and Benefits Administrator to join their team! Working under the supervision of the Senior Manager, HR and Payroll, this role will be responsible for preparation and processing of payroll in a unionized environment, ensuring that the full payroll cycle is completed accurately, on time, and in accordance with applicable legislation, organizational policies and the collective agreement(s). This is an exciting opportunity on site with flexible working hours and a fantastic benefit package.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation and processing of confidential semi-monthly payroll (unionized environment) and associated activities
- Review data and accept/verify information for new hires, terminations, employee changes, and time sheets.
- Adjust, maintain and process payroll data pertaining to wage increases, leaves of absence, return from leave, and top ups, etc. accurately and in a timely manner
- Administer benefits by updating/maintaining rates, ensuring accurate benefit deductions
- Administer workflow to ensure all payroll transactions (Timesheets/WFM) are captured and processed accurately and timely,
- Investigate and respond to all payroll inquires/discrepancies from management or staff and determining solutions.
- Preparation and timely distribution of ROE’s as required.
- Ensures the completion of payroll activities such as balancing of gross earnings, taxable benefits, statutory remittances, EHT, and the accuracy of Pension Adjustment
- Preparation and processing of year end reports and reconciliations i.e. T4’s, T2200
- Facilitate and participate in internal and external audits as required
- Generating and creating ad-hoc reports on an as-needed basis
- Serves as HRIS interface and provides user assistance and training as required.
- Perform other duties that may be required or assigned from time to time.
- JOB POSTING BENEFIT PROGRAMS ADMINISTRATION
- Administers employee benefits including processing enrolment, changes and terminations.
- Acts as a vendor point of contact for all benefits and pension platforms.
- Educates employees and managers on benefits programs.
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding the pension and benefit programs in a professional and timely manner.
- Provides required leave of absence paperwork and manage leave files for duration of leave and through the return to work process.
- Facilitates and liaises between benefit provider and employees for Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability claims.
- Organize and maintain various filing systems including electronic files, payroll files, and confidential personnel files
- Review and act on incoming department correspondence
- Assists with recruitment, by posting job profiles
Qualifications and Experience
- Possess knowledge of provincial labour legislation,
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (intermediate in MS Excel),
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skill
- Complete tasks in a confidential and professional manner in adhered to agency’s Standards of Conduct and Canadian Payroll Association’s (CPA) Code of Professional Conduct.
- Ability to administer payroll according to, Human Resources policies, Pay Equity Act,, Employment Standards Act, collective agreements and legislation pertaining to payroll issues
- Well organized, detail minded with a mathematical aptitude and analytical skills and the ability to handle and prioritize a wide variety of tasks accurately and efficiently with minimal direction in a fast paced environment
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Be a dedicated and flexible team player able to interact with team members, and colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to work in a respectful and aware manner with groups from diverse background and experience
- College Diploma in related Business Administration, Human Resources or related field preferred,
- Minimum of 3 years payroll and benefits experience
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years of HRIS experience (Ceridian Dayforce experience considered an asset)
- Completed or Pursuing Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification is an asset.
- Proficiency/knowledge in Ceridian Dayforce payroll software
Education and Certifications
Minimum education required: College Diploma
We’re an equal opportunities employer committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in today’s workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you require an accommodation, please review our accessibility policy and reach out to our accessibility officer with any questions.
Merci de l’intérêt que vous manifestez pour ce poste. La description du poste nous a été fournie en anglais par notre client. Si vous souhaitez passer l’entrevue avec nous en français ou fournir votre CV en français, nous vous confierons à une personne de notre équipe qui parle français.
Less than one week